There are a ton of delicious paleo pancake recipes on the internet; Against All Grain has a delicious looking recipe, as does the Spunky Coconut...but, the thing is, I'm really, really, like historically bad at making pancakes. They always stick, I can never flip them, and they're always a let down. So, I never indulged in one of those recipes. I just shied away from any paleo pancakes and continued on my day.

Except, when Weston started eating food on his own (!!), I knew it was time to jump back in and create a recipe which I couldn't screw up. I needed a recipe which wasn't just fool proof, but had almost no ingredients. So, here's my super simple recipe for paleo pancakes. Let me just say that these aren't fluffy, airy pancakes, these are more thin, dense pancakes, but nevertheless, taste delicious and make a great base for adding maple syrup, coconut butter, or some Enjoy Life chocolate chips. They also get the 11 month old Weston seal of approval! He gobbled them up two days in a row!

Three Ingredient Paleo Pancakes:

  • Recipe yields about six 3-4 inch pancakes, I tend to eat three and I'm full, and I make about four small ones for Weston

You'll need:
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, or I use pumpkin pie spice, too
  • Coconut oil for pan

To make:
  • Heat the coconut oil in the bottom of the pan, at a medium-low heat (seriously, keep it low!)
  • Crack the eggs in a bowl and mix in one of the tablespoons of coconut flour; beat well, until all the flour is mixed in, and then mix in the next tablespoon. 
  • Beat in the teaspoon of cinnamon 
  • When the pan is ready, pour or spoon in about a dollop (I never measure, so you don't have to either!) of batter
  • When the pancake starts to look firm on the sides, flip so the other side gets done (I assume you know how to sort of make pancakes?). 
  • Keep the temperature low so these don't burn!
  • Top with coconut oil/butter, chocolate chips, blueberries, syrup...and enjoy a guilt free breakfast!


Leave a Reply