Today's Music and Motherhood interview is with gorgeous Gladys from The Mother Overload! I love Gladys' website, because it's always positive, interesting to read, and encouraging for moms of all kinds. You can find Gladys on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest

Who are you? My name is Gladys. 

What's your website? The Mother Overload 
 
Who is/are your little one(s)? Mia Rae, 2 years old

What is your favorite type of music? 
I honestly have a long list of favorites but if I had to choose, I'd say 80s.

What music got you through your early days of motherhood? 
I love music! It keeps me sane. I'd like to believe I have a very eclectic music list. From jazzy elevator music to Spanish rock to EDC and everything in between.
 
Any specific songs?
 I'm not the type to play a song over and over (unlike my hubby). I prefer changing things up and I'm open to listen to all sorts of genres. Why? It just makes me happy.
 
Did/do you sing any special songs to your little one? 
I did! I sang some traditional spanish lullabies along with Sade  By Your Side. I love Sade!

Did you partner have any music that helped him/her through the early days? Was it different than your musical taste? 
For the most part, we tend to like the same genres but at times we are on opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to songs. Plus, he can have a song on replay for long periods of time whereas I like constant change. 

What music do you play for your baby now? 
My little one is obsessed with all things Disney. We have a Disney station on Pandora which we listen to daily and have dance parties after lunch and/or dinner. I know, kinda cheesy but it's so much fun plus it keeps the heart rate up.
 
What music do you hope your child likes? Anything and everything that makes her smile.
 
What music/songs are/were you excited to introduce to your baby/child? 
We've introduced her to all types of music with the exception of those with explicit lyrics. I hope she never listens to those. Ha! One can only hope, right? 

Gladys lives in southern California with her husband, Rey and daughter Mia Rae. She began her professional career in media during her senior year at the University of California, Riverside, 2003. She worked for multiple media companies for 7+ years including AOL (America Online) and Terra Lycos. She was engaged in 2009, married in 2010 and became a stay-at-home mom in 2011. In October of 2013, Gladys created The Mother Overload as an outlet for her adventures as a new stay-at-home mom and a way to connect with other parents that have young children.

More than a blog, The Mother Overload, celebrates positivity. It’s your one-stop shop to get a quick fix, a good laugh, a simple “oh I can relate to” moment or even find your inner creativity. A place to share your mamá experiences, advice and more importantly vent and motivate each other. A pick me up if you will. We all know we can use one at one point or another.



Leave a Reply