You ever see those moms online and you think no way does she really always look that put together and adorable? When I stumbled across Brittany's blog, and saw photos of her and her gorgeous little Bear, I instantly knew that we would be friends in real life, if had the chance! She's sweet, fun, and a very devoted mama bear (ha). 



Who are you? What's your website? Who is/are your little one(s)?
I’m Brittany, I blog at Fun with the Fullwoods. I have an 18 month old son named Bear.
What is your favorite type of music?
Oh goodness, I don’t even know where to start! I love almost all music, my favorite genre being classic rock. I grew up listening to the Beatles on a daily basis, so they’ll always be my favorite band. My parents would go to Blockbuster on Friday night in our tiny West Texas town and rent all of the Beatles' anthologies. We'd stay up late eating popcorn and watching them over and over again. I also love the Goo Goo Dolls, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac (Stevie!), Counting Crows, George Strait, Bob Seger, Paul Simon, and lots more. I went to a Backstreet Boys concert last night, if that tells you something about my wide range of music preference. 
What music got you through your early days of motherhood? Any specific songs? Why?
I really love simple, reflective songs like “Here Comes the Sun” by the Beatles and “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac; they were some of my favorites to listen to when Bear was a newborn. It was such a sweet, fleeting time and the songs really moved me. They were also great for rocking him to sleep!


Did/do you sing any special songs to your little one?
Bear’s favorite has always been “You are my Sunshine”.
Did you partner have any music that helped him/her through the early days? Was it different than your musical taste?
Zach isn’t really into music, which is funny because we’re complete opposites in that department. I couldn’t live without it, and he rarely ever listens to it. He did start the most special tradition with Bear. Every evening when he gets home from work, he puts Johnny Cash on the record player and dances around the living room with Bear. Those moments often make me cry; I’ll never forget them.
What music do you play for your baby now?
Bear loves all music! He has the funniest little dance where he spins around in circles until he gets dizzy and falls down. We listen to regular pop music on the radio and a few toddler tunes from his favorite shows (Bubble Guppies, Paw  Patrol, Yo Gabba Gabba). He also loves Johnny Cash, thanks to his Daddy.


What music do you hope your child likes?
I want Bear to listen to whatever he enjoys, but I hope he always has an appreciation for music and the arts. He comes from a long line of musicians and singers; I hope he inherits some of his uncle’s and great-grandpa’s talents.

What music/songs are/were you excited to introduce to your baby/child?

I can’t wait to take Bear to his first concert. His first non-official concert was Journey when he was 7 months old in the womb (he was kicking like crazy and clearly loved it!). I can’t wait to introduce him to Bob Dylan, one of the greatest poets, in my opinion, of all time. I want to teach him that music truly can move people and speaks a language of its own.


Leave a Reply