To me, the perfect summer music is the kind that gets you dancing in the car, keeps you company while cooking dinner, and still can be used to work out with at the gym. This is a tall order for music, but when Eric called me over to the computer a few weeks ago to hear this new young band he found, I couldn't help but fall in love. It was simply perfect. The grooves were amazing, the lyrics were simple, yet deep, and the music overall was something you couldn't help but dance to. That is why, if you're going to listen to one new band this summer, I implore you to try out Lake Street Dive.


Their Fun Machine EP (available on iTunes) is pretty much one of the most amazing records I've heard. Their renditions of Faith, Rich Girl, and This Magic Moment send your ears soaring with excitement. Their mix of powerful vocals, crazy cool percussion and a fantastic horn element make the music truly one of a kind. The other album I have, Lake Street Dive (self titled) is their own music, and every one of the songs is just better than the next (my personal favorite is Neighbor Song).

Check out their awesome videos for This Magic Moment, Faith, and Rich Girl.

Have you heard of Lake Street Dive? Let me know what you think!    


One Comment

  1. Wow. Thank you so much for this post! What a voice! Will be buying an album very soon!

    ReplyDelete