I'm lucky enough to teach in a school with a wonderful catering service. We have delicious food, and often times I feel like I'm eating at a wedding, or a fancy buffet. We had a dish the other day which was so simple, but blew my mind with how good it was. I would never have come up with the recipe myself, but now that I saw how easy it was to make, I'll surely be making it at home!

Simply put, the dish was wild rice, tiny bits of red onion, finely chopped celery and dried cranberries. The mix of the ingredients just went perfectly! Now, you could easily adapt this recipe to your liking, and add other veggies (peas would be great, or some finely chopped peppers), you could do raisins, throw in some nuts, or chickpeas. Anything is possible. This didn't have any dressing or sauce on it, but you could easily throw in some sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, red wine vinegar, etc. 

I came across some pretty similar recipes, and again, they seem so easy to tailor to your liking. I would even make this for a holiday meal, like Thanksgiving! 


Leave a Reply