Am I the only one who is skeptical when I see a recipe which involves only two ingredients? (PS. Posting a recipe for "2" ingredients in which one of them is something like...Oreos...is not a "two ingredient recipe!" Have you seen how many ingredients are in Oreos?!). Anyway, I got home a little early on Friday and decided to christen my new kitchen with some baking. But, as well all know, I'm far, far from a good (or even decent) baker, and I'm also trying to stay pretty healthy (these are non-paleo, as right now I'm not 100% paleo, but these are healthy!)...so, I did a little googling and came across this recipe for "two ingredient oatmeal banana cookies." I just happened to buy a bag of Enjoy Life's semi-sweet chocolate chips today (okay, not "just happened," I really wanted to bake these cookies all day so I stopped at the market on my way home. Not so coincidental after all!). Therefore, these aren't really two ingredient cookies, but they could easily be done with two! 

I mashed up two bananas, and they weren't even so mashed, there were clumps; then I added a cup of normal (gluten free) oats (aka, not quick cooking); mixed those together, threw in a handful of chocolate chips, and then spooned the "cookies" onto a pan with parchment paper. I baked them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. 

How were they? Delicious hot! Melty chocolate, gooey banana...they're good chilled too, but I would suggest zapping them in the microwave for 10 seconds or so. I think, however, they were successful, and I would totally make these again!




Leave a Reply