Hi all! Happy Tuesday! How was your Memorial Day Weekend? Ours was full of biking, family, and way too much food. Over the weekend Eric mentioned that next weekend is the Strawberry Park bluegrass festival in Connecticut; we decided to go! I could use a mini-vaycay, for sure. I haven't been to a bluegrass festival, so I'm psyched to go this weekend; we're going to traipse around Mystic also, so I'm countin' down the minutes until Saturday! Bluegrass reminds me of great music, sunny days, gorgeous guitars, beautiful banjos, marvelous mandolins, and of course...a cute outfit!

I love this "Back in the Day Dress" from Modcloth. It's 100% cotton, making it perfect for a warm summer day, running around and listening to music. I love the patch pockets; I can imagine carrying around picks, cookies, and perhaps a picked flower in those pockets. Paired with the dress is the ultimate piece of jewelry for a bluegrass gal, the "Blue Moon of Kentucky Bluegrass Necklace" from Christine Domanic Jewelry. I am loving the banjo and accordion charms hanging from the brass chain; this necklace would be the perfect statement piece and conversation starter at the festival. And, no bluegrass outfit is complete without a cheap and lovely little cowgirl hat! Throw your hair in braids, put on that hat, kick off your shoes, and enjoy the festival 'til the break of dawn.


Leave a Reply