Lovelies, I need your help! I bought this dress for my Birthday Party yesterday at Marshalls. I love it. I really do. However, it's super short! I'd love to pair it with my flat faux-leather black tall boots (as pictured), so I won't be adding any height, but I love the look of wearing no tights with the dress...I am going to be inside all night, so I'm not worried about the cold weather, but I am worried about giving the party guests a not-so-lovely surprise! Ha! What would you do in this case? Wear the tights (or leggings) to be careful or just not bend over the whole night? Help!


7 Comments

  1. liv no! it's not too short! you look fabulous ;)

    haha, but if you are worried i suggest a pair of black tights... they are modest in that they are technically "covering" your legs/bottom, but muchh sexier than leggings because they are tad more sheer. thats what i would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also--- that comment was from ali p.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go with the leggings from experience. I went to a wedding a few months ago and started out wearing my dress with some lace tights. I was miserable because I kept feeling like I was flashing everyone. (My biggest mistake was forgetting to sit down in my super cute dress.) Later before the reception, I switched to some leggings and black heels, and I felt so much happier with my outfit.
    It's adorable by the way ; )
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go with tights or leggings because they'll give you a longer look. You'll still look quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the help! I think I'll go with sheer black tights and not have to worry about bending over to get food from the oven! And thank you kindly for the compliments! You're all so sweet :) ox Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. why don't you try wearing it with some grey tights? it will break the outfit up a bit without clashing, and add more funk than black tights may! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. for a lack of something better to call them, i'm going to suggest black booty shorts. more substantial than underwear, but the black will blend in with the dress, should you happen to be momentarily unladylike.

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete