I love traditions. I love the idea that certain people collect certain things, or love certain foods, and whenever you make or buy something along those lines, you will always be reminded of those certain people. When I first met Eric, he told me his father loved banana and coconut together. So, when Eric's dad, Ron (on the left, with Eric), first came to visit us out here on the East Coast, I made him a banana-coconut cream pie. It was a hit! He loved it. When we went out to Illinois, I made it again, the day before I left, and a little birdie told me that Ron didn't share that pie with a single soul. Unfortunately we can't be with Ron this Father's Day, but that didn't stop me from upholding tradition. (Ron, if you're reading this, stop here!). I wanted to be able to send him something that I know he would love to eat; therefore, when I googled "Banana Cookies" and found this recipe, I knew it would be a perfect gift to send to a very deserving dad. I love this recipe because it's simple so I could doll it up! And indeed I did: I added chocolate chips and coconut. The cookies puff up beautifully (because of the mixture of the baking soda and banana) and smell amazing. I can't wait to send them out to Illinois!

Getting ready to bake!

The dough was super sticky.

Finished result!


One Comment

  1. One of my sons loves bananas and coconut - can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete