One of the joys I've had as a new mom is making and developing baby food for Weston. When he was four months old, I made him his first sweet potato and ever since then, it's been an adventure of flavors, tastes, and textures. When Infantino sent me their new Fresh Squeeze Pouch Making Station, I was over the moon excited to try it out! We're heading away for Columbus Day weekend, so I wanted to make some pouches we could take on our trip.


With it being Fall and all, I wanted to stick with flavors we've been eating in Autumn. Furthermore, being that I had a million things on my to-do list to go away, I didn't have time to whip out the food processor and mush up some fruits and veggies. Luckily, when Weston was just starting solids, I discovered that Farmer's Market brand of pureed pumpkin, squash, and sweet potato, have no added ingredients, are organic, and canned without BPA. I stocked up when he was a just a wee-little-thing, and had a ton of cans leftover. I decided on a pumpkin-coconut "pie" flavor, and a sweet potato "pie" flavor. I'm using "pie" in quotes because they obviously aren't pies, but pouches. Ha.


I started my pouch making journey by putting the Squeeze Station together; that took about a minute and a half and was super easy. The pouches click in to the to station, the tubes screw into the pouches on top, and you use the stopper to push the food down. I mixed my recipes up in a bowl, and used a spoon to push the mush into the machine. The bags have handy labels, which I wrote the name and date on before filling; the bags are BPA free, and will last up to two months in the freezer! The set comes with caps, and Infantino also sent me extra bags, a fridge storage station, and...spoons which attach to the pouches, as well as a reusable pouch, making feeding a baby so easy! They are awesome, and I wish I had these a few months ago when Weston was smaller and we travelled!

Each of my recipes makes two pouches; the Squeeze Station makes 3 at a time, and you could easily make a ton in one day and freeze them for later. I can't emphasize enough how easy this was to do! I did this all during nap time, and even washed and dried all the parts. Nothing leaked, everything fit together perfectly. It was a breeze and enjoyable. I love, love, love that the bags are clear, so you can see exactly what is in them, too!


Here are my two recipes, what would you pouch for your little kangaroo? 

Pumpkin "Pie" Pouch:


Sweet Potato "Pie" Pouch:

Thank you, Infantino, for letting us try this out! 







2 Comments

  1. The time involved in pureeing food is what kept me from ever making my own pouches the first time around, so it's so great to know about that Farmer's Market brand:) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pureeing your own baby food doesn't take that long if you have the right tools. I cook the baby food at the same time I'm making dinner for my wife and I. I let the baby food cool for a while, generally while eating dinner, then throw the baby food in our food processor, puree, put it in somewhere between 1 and 3 containers (freeze whatever we won't use pretty quickly), takes maybe 5 minutes more than the amount of time I would normally spend making dinner for us anyway.

      Delete