Who am I, crazy, right?
We all remember last year I did a few Whole30s (fun fact: I found out I was pregnant when I was in the middle of one, and got 17 days in before I had amazingly horrible food aversions to everything paleo. Truth)…and I loved them. I’m sort of THAT person that loves living by rules. Weird. During the last few months of my pregnancy, while attempting to eat paleo, I was slapped in the face with a gestational diabetes diagnosis (one point over on the blood test!). It threw me for a serious loop and turned all of my eating upside down. I had to eat a carbs. A LOT of carbs. Like, eat 6 times a day carbs. Carbs. Carbs. When I went to the “diabetes class,” (which they make one go to) I was the ONLY person in the room who needed to eat more carbs…and I’m not talking healthy carbs, which I do eat, like fruit, sweet potatoes, etc. I’m talking bread, pasta, granola bars…very different than my usual diet. 
Anyway, I lived that life for exactly 8 weeks (seemed way longer!), since the boy was happily 3 weeks early. After delivering him, I let myself have a few weeks of eating freedom. Eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Something I have uh, never done! However, it came to my attention REAL fast that I’m not the type of person who can handle that. Mentally. As in, sugar affects my mental state like crazy. It makes me tired, sad, angry, overwhelmed…it wasn’t fun, as much as I loved eating 6 Tate’s cookies in a row…I ended up both physically and mentally feeling crappy from it (not BECAUSE I ate them, I was happy to do that…but the sugar really twerks with my system).
So, Jenny and I had decided to do a Whole30 in October. But…I couldn’t wait that long. I missed my paleo eating and Whole30s! So, here I embark again…and this time, with a tiny friend in tow (obviously not doing the Whole30, as he survives alone on formula). Like last time, I’ll be doing my daily posts about what I ate, what happened, etc. 
And this time, my reasons for doing it are not skin related! So, why am I doing it? 
  • to ease my mind
  • to lose the baby weight! (full disclosure: I gained right about 30 pounds during my pregnancy, but after birth lost almost none of it, as I was SUPER bloated from the 4 fun IVs I had in me for 15 hours of labor…so we’ve got 30 pounds (maybe 25) to go…I never even thought about my weight in the last W30s, so this will be new to me…but I can’t step on a scale for 30 days, as per the W30 guidelines!)
  • to have energy
  • to keep my skin clear
  • to give myself two seconds a day to think about myself! (novel!)
So, what happened on day 1? 
Well, it IS hard to cook and have a newborn in the house, so I did my best to find time to cook! I also have like nothing ready food wise in the house, so I gotta get on that. Lots of freezer food today!
Breakfast: Tomato and avocado salad, two eggs cooked in CO
Lunch: Chicken breast cooked down with canned tomatoes, tomato paste, frozen spinach, and onions
Snack: Roasted almonds and an apple
Dinner: Iceburg lettuce, walnuts, sunflower seeds, ground beef, carrots (cooked in CO), EVOO, lemon juice, plum for desert
Overall, I feel strong and good, and I am proud I started day 1! 


Leave a Reply