I was browsing Celebrity gossip (shut up) when this picture came up from Lauren Bush Lauren's wedding shots in Vogue. The bride's dress designed by her father-in-law Ralph Lauren (seriously, some girls have all the luck), was meant to conjure up a rustic Victorian wedding. Apparently she's got boots on  under there. Now, I'm not one for high necked anything (I gag in a turtle neck) but something about this dress kept me coming back. I am so over strapless. So. OVER. It seems like all fancy dresses these days are strapless. There is something, certainly, reminiscent of Pricness Kate's wedding look here too. But that beadwork/lace situation, oh my. Oh my indeed. Also, I love this picture. Also doesn't David Lauren sort of look like James Spader? 
I've found 2 dresses which are similar to Lauren's- they're both under $500 dollars too.. which is still probably more expensive that Lauren's, since I seriously doubt this dress was paid for. Groan, right? Let's just agree that Lauren Bush Lauren looks gorgeous in her gown and that you will look gorgeous in yours and leave it at that. After all, maybe you'll meet and marry J.Peterman's...son? Or maybe not..


9 Comments

  1. I've never liked the strapless wedding dresses because I'm more conservative and don't like to see all that flesh and because so many girls are a size 14 and shouldn't be wearing strapless. I'm a size 14 and I know where my arm fat should be...hidden under some beautiful lace. It's very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh they're all gorgeous I love the last one. So pretty and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much nicer than Kate Middleton's dress. She should have gone to Ralph Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Anon 2, I'm one for structure, and elegance and I don't think I've ever seen a elegant strapless. And yes we with larger arms need to cover ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like wedding gowns with lace and those gowns are really elegant especially the one Lauren wore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lace gowns...like Grace Kelly's wedding gown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lauren's dress but my favourite is the third one...so, so pretty and just a wee bit open at the throat!

    I love how the prices are so reasonable as well. I truly can't understand paying thousands of dollars for a dress you wear once. It makes no sense to me at all, so I appreciate gorgeous dresses at price points almost any bride could manage.

    Nice pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT RALPH LAUREN DRESS WAS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING ON LAUREN!
    I TOO AM SICK TO DEATH OF EVERY SINGLE BRIDE WEARING THOSE STRAPLESS DRESSES!
    THIS WAS SO TIMELESS AND I LOVED THE HEADPIECE TOO!
    GORGEOUS HUSBAND DOESN;T HURT EITHER!

    ReplyDelete