So, I've been thinking a lot about cookies lately. With summer coming up, I want to take more time to hone my baking skills on my time off. Eric loves cookies, so I figure I'll try some new recipes and have some delicious new cookies to pack in his lunch. However, I quickly realized while browsing recipes online that I have no where to store said future-cookies. We don't own a cookie jar! I happen to love cookie jars; they are classic, can be very original, and are a great way to spruce up the design of your kitchen. I wanted a non-kitschy cookie jar, something that wasn't too silly looking or with bright flashy colors. I searched for handmade cookie jar in Etsy, and voila: the answer to my prayers! I absolutely love, love, love this handmade earthenware Clothing Line Jar from Ron Philbeck Pottery. I love that the clothes-line wraps around the jar and features clothing, socks, and a quilt! The colors are subtle, and so classic-country looking; perfect for my wannabe country kitchen. (By the by, he also has a Clothing Line Mug, and pasta dishes!). I love the style of the pottery by Philbeck; it all seems so salt-of-the-earth, original, and hearty. His plates and bowls would be an amazing wedding present and would surely make anyone who uses them feel right at home!


One Comment

  1. Ron is one of my favorite potters. Lucky me, I get to have my breakfast coffee every morning in one of his delightful mugs! Anyone interested in the goings on of a truly generous and artistic soul should also check out his blog (linked above). I have been reading his thoughtful posts for about a year now and am always fascinated by what he shares there.

    ReplyDelete