3 Comments

  1. to set the record straight, this is actually inspired by (ripped off from) Banksy, the hugely famous street artist: http://emiliestaat.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/banksy-2.jpg

    I have the Banksy one on my laptop.. and have considered it as a tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ! I knew it looked familiar! that's interesting.. I feel like Banksy would have an opinion on this matter relating to free thought, invention and "what is true originality?".

    Kelli- a tattoo of love flying away? sweet, but sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right.. I always take it to mean to always strive a little farther and always be far-reaching, but comparing the Banksy original to The Love Shop's representation, I am respecting that their girl is making a physical effort towards the heart balloon. It's much more positive.

    I also considered this one, which, with this new revelation in mind, is seeming a better choice: http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/arts/2005/08/05/balloon.jpg

    ReplyDelete