Yesterday I headed into Kmart to get a new pillow. I was feeling sort of down, to be quite honest. Today is the 7 year anniversary of our beloved grandfather's passing, and having talked to my mom about it for a while, I missed him even more than usual. Also, more annoyingly, someone totally stole my parking spot, even though I was signaling for it. I was a grouch. I decided to cheer myself up with some retail therapy (how much damage could I do at Kmart, I figured). They had some adorable summer suits, but alas, being only 5 feet, I can't do the whole capri thing. As I wandered into the pajama section, something beautiful caught my eye. It almost looked exactly like Liberty of London. It was in the Joe Boxer section of the pajamas, but this certainly did not look like pajamas. It was a maxi dress, cotton, with a halter-ish top. I fell in love. I also fell in love with the price: $11.99. For someone who "can't wear long dresses due to vertical dysfunction," I didn't care! I threw caution to the wind and bought it! I, admittedly, haven't tried it on yet, but I know I'll love it. It doesn't wrinkle, so it can come with me to bluegrass festivals, or on road trips, and with the right shoes (and maybe a little-tiny hemming), even this shortie can rock it like the best of them in this ensemble. Have you had any great fashion finds lately?!

PS. Yes, I am sure this is a nightgown, or "loungewear," but honestly, who would wear a halter top to bed?


Leave a Reply