Being the premier pitcher collector (that Luis knows, on Long Island, in this house, the only one I know of) in the whole, wide world, I always have my eye open for a new, special piece. When I was in Scotland I picked up a pewter beer stein with a ballooned bottom and a spout. Looked like a pitcher to me! For £10 it was entirely worth it. More than worth it, it was a memory of my trip. Good friends know an easy present is a pitcher. Alex got me two for my birthday, Audie got me one for graduation, and Liliput Studios recently sent along the best package ever with a piece just like this one. Which I wear every day, every day.

All that being said-- I'm obsessed with this pitcher from Pinet Pottery. I love the unique shape, the strange spout, how it looks different from every angle. It's not just a useful kitchen piece, it's an art piece. Form meets function. And that's why I love pitchers.

Pinet Pottery Pitcher


Leave a Reply