Feel free to scold me, lovelies, but there's no dress of the day post today. I will be back to the regularly scheduled programing next week, promise. Today I'm here to wish you a wonderful, possibly snowy (depending on where you are!), fun and safe weekend! I was so pleased to wake up this morning to a new snow, fresh coffee, a buttered English muffin and delicious fried eggs. I want to share with you all the magic of a fried egg. I normally don't eat eggs yolks, too much cholesterol, but after foie gras and runny cheese all last week I figured I've been doing pretty well this week back in the U.S. of A.

Melt butter in a small pan on low constant heat, crack that beautiful egg, salt, and pepper it (and add whatever other spices you deem appropriate, we deemed cayenne pepper best!) and flip if you so desire. I flipped, but did not over cook. I couldn't help but nibble around the edge of egg white and save the best for last, the best exploding, saucy, thick, English muffin coating bites of egg yolk. And that's how you start off a weekend. A Lovely Weekend, no less! (Here's hoping!) Treat yourselves this weekend, even if it's only one singular fried egg, I promise it will put you in a good mood!


Leave a Reply