All these quilts were donated to Project Linus!
I'm not sure how many of you know this, but I'm a quilter. I've been quilting for years; it's my therapy, it's my passion, and my art. I love it. During the school year I don't quilt much, but when I do get the chance, I make small-ish quilts which I then donate to Project Linus. To make a long story short, Project Linus is a non-profit organization which donates handmade blankets to children in hospitals. I love working with PL; in high school I organized "patch drives" in which people would make and draw on blank patches which I would turn into quilts and donate. As a teacher, I try to encourage my students to help with quilts because it's an easy and fun way to help the community at large and children my own students' age. Why do I bring this all up now? February 20th is the annual Make A Blanket Day! If you'd like to make a blanket to donate, or help with a blanket to donate, or donate fabric to make a blanket, please let me know! I would love to help any of you Lovelies in any way possible. Quilting bees (or, the modern day equivalent, "the Stitch and Bitch") are a great way to get together with friends and spend time creating items for children who really do need a blankie in a time of need. If you'd like to help out in any which way possible, contact me (olivia.lovelyatyourside at gmail) and let's get this started!


Leave a Reply